Reagan is Dead – Finally!

This post was written by marc on June 5, 2004
Posted Under: Letters to the Editor

Letter to the Editor

Different people have different opinions about the life of Ronald Reagan – but there’s one think I think everyone agrees on. America will be forever in his debt.

——-

Thanks to FOX NEWS for reading this on the air!

Died at a good time too. I’m getting tired of D-Day and all this “Greatest Generation” bullshit and the glorification of war.

I used to think Reagan was the worst president ever – but that was before Dubya. Reagan was a poison to democracy – a moonie puppet – who took the Republican party from fiscal conservatives to religious neocons. An opponent of stem cell research he managed to prevent the very science that might have cured him. To that extent 10 years of mindless suffering was poetic justice. Finally his widow Nancy gets it. Got to give her credit for finally figuring it out.

I think that since Reagan is the father of huge deficit spending they should put his picture on the treasury note.

Makes me wish I was a Christian because if I were christian I’d know that Reagan was being checked in Hell. but I’m no Christian so he’s just plain gone. I say – good riddance!

Geez dude. Can’t you show a little respect for someone who just died. Keep your political BS to yourself.

Written By SoulStormBrew on June 5th, 2004 @ 8:28 pm

Wow…I think you need a hug. LOL

Written By Timi on June 5th, 2004 @ 11:20 pm

Ouch. On the day he _died_. Damn. I have no feelings for or against him. But, ouch. That seemed kinda brutal.

Written By Shadow Hawk on June 5th, 2004 @ 11:51 pm

Way to speak your mind. Ditto…

Written By Charlie Chingas on June 6th, 2004 @ 1:12 am

Like any one cares what Marc Perkel thinks lol

Written By John on June 6th, 2004 @ 4:20 am

Ouch?!
I think it is depending on the perspective. How about if Castro, Hussein, Laden or Bush would die today Some people would mourn and some other would celebrate.

Written By Raul Leon on June 6th, 2004 @ 7:08 am

To all freeper whiners – no one is making you read this blog, which after all is one man’s opinion. My response to your whining: who gives a shit what YOU think.

Written By TurdBlossom on June 6th, 2004 @ 7:09 am

While I feel its disrespectful, it IS Marc’s blog and if he wants to criticize a former President, he can, especially if we’re a country that embraces freedom of speech.

Written By Chris on June 6th, 2004 @ 9:51 am

We should not mock the Gipper. After all, who knew that he would singlehandedly bring about the collapse of the SU with his secret weapon. Alzheimer’s disease!

Written By WhistleDick on June 6th, 2004 @ 11:08 am

Preach it, brother!!!

Written By Dancho on June 6th, 2004 @ 11:09 am

Nothing improves a man’s image like dying. Did wonders for Nixon. I wonder if Bush is considering it seeing as how he can’t manage to get anybody to speak well of him these days.

Written By Jay on June 6th, 2004 @ 1:30 pm

So the old piece of shit finally choked to death on his own drool. Hope it was painful. Good riddance.

Written By ghost on June 6th, 2004 @ 2:28 pm

Mance is a typical snivelling freeper ditto-monkey. Just like the vulgar pigboy he can dish it out but he can’t take it. Hey Mance, maybe you should hang out with the other punks at freerepublic. You’re soiling yourself too much over here.

Written By Stinky on June 6th, 2004 @ 5:46 pm

Hey, Nick Berg was done in by the CIA, period. I am really happy that I found Marc Perkel’s website. I spoke with Nick’s father on June 5th in front of Rumsfeld’s house during a protest about my doubts. I didn’t go into detail because Nick is Mike’s son. I can hurt the father of this hapless victim of politics. Anyway, Marc Perkel touches upon physical evidence to prove his hypothesis. Marc doesn’t even get into the text which was read out by the so called Iraqi branch of Al Queda. The oral text was so transparent. It was written by a provincial but, USA educated CIA clone and meant to alienate Al Quada from the world and Pakistan’s Musharaff in particular. After all, Musharaff gives Al Quada room to breathe in the mountains that border Pakistan and Afghanstan. The speech also gave a fresh rationale for the American occupation of Iraq since WMD (weapons of mass distraction) are a figment of NEOCON imagination – fabricated by the CIA at the behest of the Haliburton revolving door professional Dick Cheney. The speech obviously served to distract Americans from torture and war crimes committed by the US at Abu Graib in Iraq. Ironically, it’s some of America’s biggest intellectual warriors that get the USA in the most trouble abroad – Macnamera in Vietnam and Rummy in Iraq. Delusions of grandeur. Excuse my spelling.

Written By richard on June 6th, 2004 @ 7:09 pm

To say that Reagan was the worst President is VERY subjective. I have to agree with you on some points, mainly the NEOCON FISCAL CONSERVATIVE SMALL GOVERNMENT bullshit. Reagan (and Republicans) are “supposedly” for smaller government, and less taxes. The BIG THREE in deficit spending are, in order, Dubya, POPPY, and Gipper. The last three Republicans Presidents have spent more deficit dollars than 39 Presidents that came before them , combined.

But, the man gave his life to a cause, right or wrong, he did. I respect a man who gives of himself, even when he is wrong. More than I respect a man who is right, and gives nothing. I realize you tried to give, and you might be right, but he won his election, and you LOST yours. And if Reagan said anything, he said … “TRUST THE VOTERS”

Don’t blame Reagan’s presidency, he NEVER was our President, George “POPPY” Bush has been the President for the last 24 years.

Written By X-FREEPER on June 6th, 2004 @ 8:08 pm

Ya know, I guess someone was going say it. It’s kind of crude. You could have called it “Ronald Reagan: I Piss on Your Grave”.

When I was a kid I really liked Reagan. I didn’t know what he was doing to the world, I just thought he was cool. It wasn’t until I grew up that I found out the bad stuff.

Still, he was a human being so to dance on his grave lacks some class. He wasn’t Hitler. It also takes away from the credibility of your journalism. Maybe there are those out there who are on the fence and you’ve just pushed them back to the right with your insensitivity. It’s kind of like the radio jocks making fun of Berg.

I just don’t think it accomplishes any good to put it like that. Are you trying to accomplish good?

Written By Jim E on June 6th, 2004 @ 11:29 pm

Actually he just went up to the heavens to devote
himself full-time to his Star Wars program 🙂

Written By marios polycarpou on June 7th, 2004 @ 5:15 am

Reagan simply extended the excessive buy-buy-buy 80’s attitude to the national stage. The whole plan was to outspend the Russians, indeed, the global political landscape took on an amazing similarity to the 80’s heavy metal scene. Competing extravagancies of ludicrous behavior and inebriated monetary orgies. That is the Reagan legacy. Spend them into submission. His tombstone should read, “he who dies with the most toys wins” as that was the message his presidency put forth.

Written By GopherChucks on June 7th, 2004 @ 6:57 am

Hey, the Republicans were able to start a cult of personality with Raygun. They named a Washington, DC building and the national airport after him while he was still alive! I think this is new in American politics. I guess they got the idea from their former rivals Mao and Stalin.

Written By richard on June 7th, 2004 @ 6:58 am

Hey, can anybody tell me what that army girl sitting in the white chair is holding in her hand? What is it? It looks like a white napkin, a glass container and something dark inside of it? Is it a human organ possibly?

Written By richard on June 7th, 2004 @ 7:02 am

blue pimp, you are right that JFK tried to take on the ZIONIST. His passage of executive order 11110 was a direct assault on them. So direct that they killed him for it. Well, BP, Reagan mentioned doing the same thing, and a “crazy lone gunman” tried to kill him, too. Just because Reagan did not die for the cause it does not lessen his degree of greatness when compared to JFK. I would bet that a bullet through your abdomen would have the same effect.

Written By X-FREEPER on June 7th, 2004 @ 7:06 am

As the esteemed patriot that we are discussing used to say: “well….”
I am glad to see X-Freeper bringing rationality to a subject that many of you are wearing with your politic: on your shoulders.
Reagan was basically a good man who partook in monumental changes that shaped the entire world. Wether you like him or not, there is no denying his acts of greatness while he was involved in world affairs.
He did vile things too like fuel civil wars to get results that favored American interest.
This could be good depending how you see the glass.
I see it half-full because what benefits America benefits me as a citizen.
None of you need agree with me because this is a free country and the constitution isn’t irrelevant…yet.
I think the venom of this persons attack (not documented as Marc’s view) shows how ignorant/uninformed/far left they are (check post #13 in ‘Bin laden free’ right below this column for explanation to this generalization).
One just needs to check economic figures (www.bls.gov) from the Reagan years to see how well our country did fiscally and with employment.
Look at the figures from the Ford and Carter administrations too.
Reagan could be considered “liberal” in the early years of his career and many attribute his “conservatism” to his wife Nancy.
Was stem-cell research even around during the Reagan years?
From the evidence I have gathered, the author of this notes statement is so riddled with contradictions, that this (note) should be regarded as muddled, nonsensical, agenda, which constitutes to a greater divide between Americans!
Nice to hear (some) logic from Mance and Blue Pimpernel as well…some of you seem to hate America, and you need to ‘check’ yourselves.

Written By Rob on June 7th, 2004 @ 6:19 pm

MANCE, So tell me, how do you know what John Hinkley’s motives were? Did he tell you? Let me see what you bought into … He went to school with Jody Foster, he was distantly in love with her, she hated Reagan (Hinkley knew this), so Hinkley thought that if he killed Reagan he could win Jody Foster’s heart. WOW!

Two weeks before Reagan was shot he questioned the reason for the US Congress not controlling our currency. Rothchild once said, “give me control of a countries currency, and I care not who makes their laws.” JFK made a FATAL mistake, he began to take control of the US currency by ordering the treasury to issue silver certificates (executive order 11110).

Reagan merely asked the question. “Why does Congress not have us on the Gold Standard, and control the currency.”

Learn about FIAT money, and things will be a lot clearer to you.

Written By X-FREEPER on June 7th, 2004 @ 7:10 pm

Reagan had a dream,
And that dream came true.
It trickled down
and pissed on you.

Red-Ink Ray-Gun was one of the worst preznits we ever had, but as another pointed out earlier, he was just a sock puppet after all – PapaDoc Bush was in charge all those years. Maybe Marc could have eased up a bit, but he is providing a slight balancing to all of the slurpy blowjobs from the media whores.

This partisan political abuse of Ray-Gun’s death is already about fives times worse than anything done in the wake of the Wellstone accident. Yet I don’t hear any of your ditto monkeys whining about it this time. Do as I say, not as I do, right monkeys?

Take any hostages today?

Written By (: Tom :) on June 8th, 2004 @ 8:08 am

“Maybe Marc could have eased up a bit” He didn’t say shit! This is A LETTER TO THE EDITOR that Marc just posted to spark discussion.
You seem like you have an agenda pal, and I would assume that those who visit Marc’s site are skeptical of agendas.
Way to discredit yourself.

Written By Rob on June 8th, 2004 @ 10:20 am

Those that visit Marc’s site are skeptical of Bush-fellating agendas – like yours.

Having a wrongwingnut claim I am discrediting myself is the height of flattery! Thank you! Coming from someone with no morals and a huge hardon for the Chimperor, that is a compliment!

Written By (: Tom :) on June 8th, 2004 @ 12:58 pm

I don’t mean to be insensitive but, when are they going to put Reagan in the ground already??? Now, they are going to treat him as Kennedy’s equal with the riderless horse and reversed boots and all?? This makes me sick to my stomach. Ok, the worst presidents during my lifetime. Reagan was not one of them although he sure seemed like a puppet to me. Nixon and Dubya are currently vying for worst American president of my lifetime. The Republicans sure know how to pick em.

Written By richard on June 8th, 2004 @ 1:48 pm

And what would you consider my moral base to be?
Certainly not self-serving idealism.
You know, things to make you sleep better at night due to the guilty conscious of your trust-fund.
I don’t like the President, nor do I dislike him.
I like the benefit of being an American and Surviving with the fittest.
We can’t deny the evils that AMERICA AS A WHOLE push upon the rest of the world.
To do so would be against America-
like it or not our system is Capitalistic, and some one suffers along the way.
You could go live in a shack TOM, like Kazinsky in the woods, and write a 300 paragraph dissertation, But I think you lack the gall to educate yourself to the degree he was and you seem like too much of a pussy to “rough it” for any amount of time.
In fact you should read the ‘Unabomber’s Manifesto’ you may learn something.
On another note it is sort of creepy that we are parading Reagan around and that the public (who?) want to extend the viewing of his corpse.
Put the man in the ground.

Written By Rob on June 8th, 2004 @ 2:12 pm

War is a part of human nature, and it will always be a part of the human experience. It has solved more of the world’s problems than any other method.

Written By Travis on June 9th, 2004 @ 9:58 am

I am happy he is dead. I sang the Na Na Nah song once I learned the old fart had kicked the bucket.

It is annoying that he is everywhere. Bury him and more on. Nuff said.

Written By Dodger K on June 9th, 2004 @ 8:54 pm

I was going to argue with you, but you’ve given me nothing to argue about.

Bush IS the worst president since Ray-gun! The fact that Ronnie was elected twice just shows how many stupid people there are in the U.S.

OUT with Bush in 2004! In with KERRY as the next president of the U.S. Hurray!

Written By Bill Thompson on September 24th, 2004 @ 4:43 pm