I’m posting Fahrenheit 9/11 for downloading. You can get it at This Link.
I want to say something else about the legal issues of putting this on the web. Here are the facts:
- Michael Moore made public statements giving me and people like me permission to post it.
- I am relying on his permission.
- Michael Moore is someone who either has the authority or is in a position to speak for those who have the authority to give permission.
- All interested parties – copyright holders, distributors – are aware of Michael Moore’s public statements.
- No other interested party has make any statement refuting Michael Moore’s statement. The distributor hasn’t stated Michael Moore is wrong.
So – there is a legal concept that if someone is silent when they have a duty to speak – or in this case object – then they are agreeing through their silence to Michael Moore’s statement.
I’m saying this because I’m stating publicly that this is legal and I’m advocating that other’s follow my example. I want to explain my legal theory behind why I believe it is within my rights to post this work for free.