I’ve been a big fan of Clamav as an anti-virus solution for server side spam filtering under Linux. But I’m running a 64 bit server and the server daemon hasbeen dying with segment faults a few times an hour. I set up a process to check and restart it every 5 minutes and with 3 servers I’m never down at the same time, but it was a real annoyance.
I finally found a solution that was a one like patch that fixed the problem. I am however concerned that the folks at Clam AV are not taking it seriously and have yet to offer an official fix. I don’t think they get it that reliability is important.
To fic the problem go to the file:
After the lines:
Add this line and recompile.